HR digitalization journey of LKAB
LKAB’s core business is the mining and processing of iron ore for the steel industry. LKAB has launched a new strategy – the largest transformation in the company’s 130-year history and one of Sweden’s largest industry investments ever. By offering carbon-free products, LKAB can more than double its annual sales up until 2045, and will have the ability to supply the world market with the essential carbon-free iron when the global economy transitions and begins building tomorrow’s railways, wind turbines, electric cars and industrial machinery.
LKAB needed to transform their HRM domain, characterised by fragmented systems, manual processes & insufficient HR master data support.
- What is the status of our Human Resources legacy systems & processes?
- What does the HRIS market offer & what do we need to support the journey we are on, the business, HR and our workforce?
- How can we be sure to make the right system selections supporting both current and future needs and requirements?
- How will future systems fit in our overall enterprise architecture together with data management & other domains such as ERP?
During 2019 & 2020 Anderson MacGyver has been LKAB’s partner to drive their digital transformation of the Human Resources Management domain.
- HRM strategy (AS-IS, HRIS market & trends, TO-BE & HCM roadmap)
- Orientation, readiness, & understanding of change impacts
- Select new Human Capital Management platform technology and implementation partner
- Design & sizing of HCM project & governance organization with role descriptions
- HR master data / HR information model
- Market scan and possible scenarios for transactional HR systems (payroll, time & attendance, travel & expenses, workforce management, etc.)
- Operating Model Canvas and detailed problem statements and approach to manage completely renewed ERP & HRM landscape
Anderson MacGyver helped LKAB with a strategy and roadmap for system support within the HRM domain and the selection of a global HCM platform.
- Defined HRM strategy and selected HCM Platform challenged from detailed LKAB-specific needs
- IT & HR management alignment, understanding of the HRIS market & implementation readiness: project & governance organization, HR master data & identified service needs
- Detailed roadmap for transactional HR
- Enabled strategic HR activities & HR analytics
“Our HR systems were outdated and did not fulfill our needs. Anderson MacGyver helped us understand the HR domain, create a roadmap and select a future-proof global Human Capital Management Platform, an important enabler for realizing our strategy.“Grete Solvang Stoltz, Senior Vice President HR and Sustainable Development LKAB
|INDUSTRY||Underground Mining and processing – Iron Ore|
|LOCATION||SE (HQ), NO and 11 more countries|
|REVENUE||SEK 31,3 billions (2019) € – 3 billion (2019)|