HR digitalization journey of LKAB
LKAB‘s core business is the mining and processing of iron ore for the steel industry. LKAB has launched a new strategy – the largest transformation in the company’s 130-year history and one of Sweden’s largest industry investments ever. By offering carbon-free products, LKAB can more than double its annual sales up until 2045, supply the world market with the carbon-free iron that is needed for the global economy transitions, and start building tomorrow’s railways, wind turbines, electric cars and industrial machinery.
LKAB needed to transform their HRM domain, characterized by fragmented systems, manual processes and insufficient HR master data support.
- What is the status of our Human Resources legacy systems and processes?
- What does the HRIS market offer and what do we need to support the journey we are on, the business, HR and our workforce?
- How can we be sure to make the right system selections supporting both current and future needs and requirements?
- How will future systems fit in our overall enterprise architecture together with data management and other domains such as ERP?
In 2019 and 2020 Anderson MacGyver has been LKAB’s partner to drive their digital transformation of the Human Resources Management domain.
- Develop an HRM strategy (AS-IS, HRIS market & trends, TO-BE & HCM roadmap)
- Orientation, readiness and understanding of change impacts
- Select new Human Capital Management (HCM) platform technology and an implementation partner
- Design and size the HCM project and governance organization with role descriptions
- Develop HR master data and HR information model
- Perform market scan and determine possible scenarios for transactional HR systems (payroll, time and attendance, travel and expenses, workforce management, etc.)
- Develop an Operating Model Canvas with detailed problem statements and approach to manage completely renewed ERP & HRM landscape
Anderson MacGyver helped LKAB with a strategy and roadmap for system support within the HRM domain and the selection of a global HCM platform.
- Defined HRM strategy and selected HCM Platform challenged from detailed LKAB-specific needs
- IT and HR management alignment, understanding of the HRIS market and implementation readiness: project and governance organization, HR master data and identified service needs
- Detailed roadmap for transactional HR
- Enabled strategic HR activities and HR analytics
“Our HR systems were outdated and did not fulfill our needs. Anderson MacGyver helped us understand the HR domain, create a roadmap and select a future-proof global Human Capital Management Platform, an important enabler for realizing our strategy.“Grete Solvang Stoltz, Senior Vice President HR and Sustainable Development LKAB
|INDUSTRY||Underground Mining and processing – Iron Ore|
|LOCATION||SE (HQ), NO and 11 more countries|
|REVENUE||SEK 31,3 billions (2019) € – 3 billion (2019)|