Improving Schiphol Telematics’ function & sourcing
Schiphol Telematics provides data connections and communication services to the Schiphol Group, Wholesale and Aviation companies in and around Schiphol airport. Services include Internet, IP network, Wi-Fi, and IP TV. Schiphol Telematics was confronted with an increased demand, a desire for faster delivery, and a desire for rapid response to new client needs.
Schiphol Telematics needed to secure their knowledge and improve scalability by addressing their organizational structure and sourcing strategy.
- What should be our future sourcing strategy?
- What organizational design is needed to support the new sourcing strategy?
Anderson Macgyver helped Schiphol Telematics to make clear decisions about what activities to outsource, select parties to execute key operational activities and designed a new organization.
- Create a common and shared vision on business activities, domains, and sourcing principles
- Define the sourcing strategy, addressing multiple segments
- Execute a market consultation, define tender materials, execute selection and final contracting
- Jointly develop a new detailed design of an effective supplier managing organization, including sizing and job profiles
- Design governance and control mechanisms
- Describe business processes
Schiphol Telematics has made a change from a operational execution organisation to a supplier management organisation, with better client servicing.
- Faster delivery to internal needs of Schiphol and external customers’ client needs
- Access to front running market knowledge of partners
- Improved scalability
“With the help of Anderson MacGyver we managed to organize a valid sourcing strategy, a clear organizational design and a successful tender process. We were very satisfied with the their expertise and commitment.“Klaas Verberg – Managing Director Schiphol Telematics
|INDUSTRY||Travel, Transport & Logistics|