The multimodal transformation of PostNL
PostNL is the largest service provider of logistics and mail in the Netherlands. On a given weekday, they deliver on average 900,000 parcels and 6.8 million letters. Over the past years the PostNL has seen the postal market change rapidly, putting pressure on IT to both deliver innovative solutions and to save costs simultaneously. Internal and external factors forced PostNL to take drastic strategical and reorganization measures.
PostNL needed a partner to transform their IT organization to meet continuous challenges in the postal market.
- How to streamline business demand and centralized IT supply?
- How to deliver solutions, creating synergy across logistical networks and business units?
- How to structure our IT organization to remain agile?
Since 2013 we have been PostNL’s partner during several major transformations.
- Design of new digital organization
- Design of governance and control mechanisms
- Setup of new IT governance board
- Design the scaled agile organization
- Sizing and job descriptions
- Overseeing transition and implementation
- Design of new digital strategy
- New directive statements
- Setup of a roadmap and digital programs
- Setup of governance structures
We helped PostNL design and implement a digital and scaled agile organization.
- IT organization with a platform approach
- Scaled agile organization
- Standardization of software
- Data governance
- Renewed IT infrastructure
“IT is the foundation for new business models, but also requires performance, stability, scalability, flexibility and compliance. Anderson MacGyver can connect these aspects as none other.“Marcel Krom, CIO PostNL
|INDUSTRY||Travel, Transport & Logistics|
|LOCATION||NL (HQ), BE, LUX, DE, IT|
|REVENUE||€2.772 billion (2018)|